This will require parsing more metadata from reports and generating our own HTML files. This feature design needs to be developed more.
- This will make the coverage report server much less 'simple'.
- More metadata may be required to be stored.
- This will allow for a much greater number of coverage reporters to be used without need for supporting specific formats or uploading archives.
- Currently the format handling is potentially dangerous for end-users as the current solution has a lot of surface area for XSS and other security issues or abuse.
- Metadata about specific statistics will be easier to grab since the XML report will already be parsed to generate the HTML report file
- The displayed reports will be more homogeneous across the server.
This would be a good and possibly necessary feature to implement when multiple users must be trusted to upload reports.
Edit: Workflow checklist: